We gave you a list of 10 questions to ask a wedding videographer – before putting down a deposit.
Here are our answers to those questions.
10. How long have you been a wedding videographer and what is your training?
The Lead Videographer for WeddingsMN.com is Joel Wenz. Hey, that’s Me. My team and I have been creating stunning wedding films for over 9 years. I graduated from Hennepin Technical College in 2006 with a degree in Video Production. For Me, video production is really more than a career path, it’s my creative outlet and a real passion. After graduating, I work/worked for companies such as Comcast Spotlight, KSTP, WCCO, Tivo, ShowTime and Fox Sports. The reason I share this information is to let you know WeddingsMN.com is structured on the fundamentals of video production and we are not “weekend warriors”. (If you would like more information about my professional background you can click here)
9. What video formats will my wedding video be delivered on?
WeddingsMN.com shoots everything in 1080p or higher resolution. We deliver your finished wedding video in a variety of mediums.
1. We export an HD web version that we host on our site for you to share with your friends and family (for free).
2. We offer delivery on BluRay at no extra charge.
3. We offer a standard DVD option for clients upon request.
4. For a small fee, we give you the option to have your videos compressed for viewing on iPads, iPods, iPhones or any other mobiles device.
5. We provide you with all the un-edited (raw) footage from your wedding and offer delivery on a separate rugged hard drive for safe keeping (additional $350).
8. Can I sign a contract?
WeddingsMN.com has a fair contract that protects you as much as it protects us. For a copy of our contract please send an email to [email protected]
7. How long will it take to deliver my final wedding video?
You can expect your wedding video to be fully edited and ready for delivery within three months after wedding.
6. Who will be my wedding videographer?
I, Joel Wenz, will be the lead videographer at your wedding. In addition to myself, I will be accompanied by one of my awesome cinematographers.
5. How many weddings do you do a week?
We exclusively shoot one wedding a weekend, you can rest assured your wedding will have our undivided attention.
4. How do you record audio?
We record audio using a combination of techniques. During the ceremony we utilize professional digital audio recorders to capture audio along with wired and wireless microphones. We also accept line and mic feeds if your venue is equipped with a sound board. During the reception we tap into any audio feeds from the DJ or Venue and wirelessly feed them to our camera(s) or wired recorders, giving us crisp audio throughout the night.
3. What kind of cameras do you use?
We use 3CCD Panasonic HPX170’s along with Panasonic GH4’s equipped with Canon “L” glass lenses.
2. Why are you a wedding videographer?
As I said, for me, video production is really more than a career path, it’s my creative outlet and a real passion. I love the challenges and rewards wedding videography presents.
1. Can I see recent samples videos of your work.
Of course, I love sharing our work! Click ~HERE~ for recent samples.
Don’t risk hiring an inexperienced videographer that misses important parts of your day, after all, is there really a price that you can put on those memories?
After your wedding you will only have 4 things that you will keep for the rest of your life; your spouse, wedding ring, photos and your wedding video. Don’t settle for anything but the best when it comes to all of these.